Prototyping is the experimental process in which a sample or a model of a product is tested. It’s used to check the performance of new designs to enhance precision by users and analytics tools. It’s important as it provides a faster and effective design cycle. As it looks, many developers test their design in the “real-world” environment. Therefore, it’s vital to identify potential problems in the development process to prevent costly mistakes. There are many prototyping tools available in the market to design mobile apps, websites, and other various things.
Best Prototyping Tools for Great UI/UX Design
Read the article to know about the best prototyping tools for your business. Then, here are the top 5 prototyping tools which are affordable and accessible for UI/UX design.
1. Adobe XD
Adobe is the best prototyping tool for UI/UX designs. It helps build wireframes, prototypes, web designs, mobile apps, voice interfaces, etc. Adobe XD is available for Mac OS and Windows. And it supports integration with other Adobe products.
- It generates interactive prototypes that allow iteration.
- It provides better communication and collects feedback for a better user experience.
- It’s friendly with graphics file formats like PNG, GIF, PSD, and JPG.
- Pricing: Free to $100/month
Marvel is an easy and user-friendly cloud-based prototyping tool. It helps designers build interactive mockups through its pre-built templates and design tool equipped as it has a wide range of stock photos and icons. As a result, designers can easily create prototypes for Desktop, Android, and Apple Products.
Balsamiq is a great prototyping tool. Many professional website designers use Balsamiq to create UX/UI designs. It assists in designing mockups that are essential for sketching and wireframing. It’s a cloud-based software with ease of use that makes team collaboration easy.
- For quick learning, it allows for faster wireframing.
- It has less learning curve with powerful technology.
- It has a drag and drops feature.
- Pricing: $9-$199/month. It also offers discounts for annual subscriptions.
Justinmind is a great prototyping tool for web and mobile apps. It helps to build wireframes to highly interactive prototypes without any coding. Justinmind designs from the basic and offer different web interactions and mobile gestures to create exceptional user experiences.
- It offers Responsive prototyping that ensures the designs adapt to fit multiple screen resolutions.
- The Justinmind provides smart forms and data lists, eliminating the need to write code.
- It has Free, ready-made, regularly updated UI kits for the web and mobile.
- Pricing: $19-$49/month, even offer discounts for annual subscriptions.
Figma is a great prototyping tool for design needs. In addition, it offers real-time collaboration and web-based software functionality. As a result, Figma is rising through the ranks and gaining traction with design teams.
- It allows Easy switching between design and prototype modes.
- It offers quick sharing and real-time feedback.
- It has Powerful editing features.
- Pricing: Free to $45/month. Some plans are available with annual pricing only.
There are many prototyping tools for designers available in the market for designing. But it’s essential to choose the right tool for the designing process. So take your time and evaluate before deciding. I hope you enjoyed the article.